Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Illustrator Ellen Van Engelen and her sketchbook

I know it's not time yet for an artist showcase, but I needed/wanted/NEEDED to share an illustrator that I came across.

Her name is Ellen Van Engelen and she is an illustrator who grew up in Belgium and lives in Antwerp.  She has worked for numerous huge magazines like The New Yorker, The Guardian, New York Times Magazine, GQ Russia....so yeah, she is definitely a big deal, but I just came across her art yesterday and it is AWESOME!

I particularly love her sketchbook, so that is some of the work I am going to show.  When I look at the work I think it feels spontaneous, emotive, interesting, and it truly captures the feeling of the people she is drawing.




Aren't these sketches amazing!  I kind of have a thing for looking at other artist sketchbooks.  Being allowed into another artists spontaneous world makes me feel like I'm sneaking a look at my sisters diary or listening to adult conversations when I was a kid.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong but at the same time something sooo right.  Does that make sense?

Be sure to check out more of her work on her website....I think I could stare at her drawings all day!

Until tomorrow,

Love,

Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment