Friday, February 10, 2012

Georgetown Cupcakes, The Knotty Bride Blog, and Artist Friday!

Hello!

This is going to be a long one people so get ready!

I have to tell you first, that Meridyth and I celebrated Valentine's Day 4 days early and I took her to Georgetown Cupcakes in Bethesda for a treat.

For a background, my girl LOVES cupcakes.  She loves cupcakes so much I actually proposed to her using cupcakes and writing Will You Marry Me on them!

I now understand why Georgetown Cupcakes have a line down the block.  THEY ARE A PIECE OF HEAVEN ON EARTH!  Georgetown Cupcakes is not paying me for this, I swear!  They are literally ahmazing.

I ate the  Chocolate Birthday cupcake (not pictured).  It tasted like birthday cake and a chocolate milkshake with crunchy sprinkles.  Can I rave anymore?  These ladies who run this deserve all the success that they have had!

Now, onto the topic of the blog The Knotty Bride.  

I love this blog!  Alison who runs the blog is hilarious and does a post called The Bachelor Recap every week.  I do not watch the Bachelor, but every week I go to her blog to read her recap of the show which includes pictures and hilarious commentary.  I couldn't sleep last night and I laughed out loud when I read her recap.  Definitely something funny to read each week!

Now, for the artist.

This week I am featuring Jacek Yerka.

In an article on Visual News it say's:  "Along with some magnificent dreams, Jacek Yerka Find inspiration for his masterful paintings from his childhood memories:  the places, remembered feelings and smells of 1950's Poland".

I hope you find his work as interesting as I do!






The last image is my favorite.  The textures of the fabric make me want to crawl into that bed and never come out!

I can see some Salvador Dali influences in his work.  Very intricate and I feel like each painting takes you to another world.  A scary and beautiful dream world.

What do you guys think?

Have a great weekend and don't forget to visit LoveUPaperly if you haven't been in awhile!

Love,

Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment