Saturday, February 25, 2012

Friday (Saturday) Artist Showcase Shauna Richardson

I fall in love easily.  I always have.  With people, with things, with art, with places.

I have found a new love today in conceptual artist Shauna Richardson.  I just found her series "CrochetDermy" which I am going to feature today.

Here is how the project is described on her website:
The unique body of work she terms ‘Crochetdermy’ evolved out of the exploration of the theory that  ‘Anything can be art’. She uses crochet to sculpt realistic life-size animals – uncanny taxidermy-like forms. Crochetdermy combines themes such as objects, collecting, craft and realism and experiments with accessibility and audience.





Isn't this series amazing?  Just looking at the images I found the art to be disturbingly detailed and bizarre.  It makes me slightly uncomfortable just like a real taxidermy would, but they are also hauntingly beauitful.

What do you guys think?  Impressed?!

Love,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment