Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Harry Potter ButterBeer Recipe, Bad Blogger, and an awesome wedding

Hello lovelies!

I know it is Wednesday and I have missed two days of blogging, but I have an excuse.

I have been feeling a lot better, neurosurgery was four months ago, but in the past two days I have been soooo swollen and I think as a result I am having burning and complete numbness in my hand again!

To make you feel VERY sorry for me all the numbness is in my dominant hand.

Do you feel sorry for me yet?!  O.k. life is still good so onto happier things! 

I found an ahhmazing butterbeer recipe on the very awesome blog called IndieJane

Amanda who runs the blog seems very cool and is also a rad photographer!

For those of you that don't know (really, you don't know?!), butterbeer is a drink in Harry Potter written by J.K. Rowling, that both the kids and teachers partake in.  I also believe it is the featured drink at the new Harry Potter world in Orlando, Florida.

Here is the recipe:
cream soda
butterscotch topping
heavy cream

Foam: 
You’ll need about 2 tablespoons of butterscotch topping per 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream. Whip the cream and butterscotch together for just a few minutes, until it thickens somewhere between what you started with and whipped cream. You can also sweeten it more if you like.

Butterbeer:
Heat about 1-2 tablespoons of the butterscotch topping (depending on how “buttery” you want it) in a cup for about 30 seconds, just long enough to let it liquify a bit.
Pour the cream soda (slowly!) over the butterscotch and stir well.
Top with a bit of the “foam” and drink away with your kids or partners/friends who are going to think you are soooo cool!
 Recipe and Image from indijane photography.  Check her out!

I also want to give you another link. 

I about jumped off the bed last night when I was looking at Style Me Pretty, a great wedding blog, and came across these images.  They are so dreamy and exquisite and if I wanted to wear a princess dress this would be the one!
Wowzers, right?!  Find more images and a description by the bride on Style me Pretty, entitled Charlottesville Wedding by Jodi Miller Photography.

Lots of Love,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment