Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Artistic block and Cleaning house

Happy Happy Tuesday my friends!

In all honesty I already think it's Wednesday, which as we all know is NOT a good thing.  Then on Thursday you think it's Friday and you come to find out that you still have another day of work!  Does that happen to anyone else out there?!

Today I wanted to talk about Artist block.  Personally, I have been on a creating high for the past month.  I have had tons of ideas, my work is flowing, i'm enjoying the process...and then BOOM!  I have about a half hour this morning before I have to go to work and I went down to see if I could finish some projects I started and I just stood there...and looked.

My mind is/was completely blank and I...got...nothing.

I think as someone that creates things, that is one of the hardest moments.  Do you guys suffer from this too?  How do you overcome the dreaded artist block?
Original image by larein at deviantart
Image by Kerry S. Boyd
Original Image found here


I thought these pictures expressed perfectly what it feels like to have artists block!

I also wanted to share with you something from pinterest that I found.  No, it's not a gorgeous photograph or a great food picture.  It's actually something really practical! 

It is a website called Home Store Solutions 101.  Each week there is a different challenge to conquer to clean out your home.  The owner of the website say's, "You cannot expect to get your home completely organized over night, even though that would be wonderful.  However, you can get organized slowly, over time. That is where The 52 Week Organized Home Challenge comes in. Each week we focus on a different challenge area in our homes and make steady forward progress".

I am seriously thinking about trying to do this.  I have a habit of starting a huge project and then losing steam somewhere where my house looks like a tornado blew through it.  It is so frustrating!
I think this is a great idea and seems manageable.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Until tomorrow,

love,

Jess

1 comment: