Thursday, December 15, 2011

Working through It even though I am all over the place

Hello lovelies!

I hope everyone is doing well out there tonight on this cold and rainy Thursday.  At least it's rainy in Maryland!

So, I've been gradually adding new items to my etsy shop.  Originally, I was going to only focus on quilled items since that it what I have been working on for the last few months and I figured it would be good to be a shop that focused on selling/showcasing one form of artwork.

However, like many people out there (I wonder if any of you are like me?) I get sidetracked, and bored, and damn't I like creating and sharing too many different types of things.

I know that businesses thrive, and maybe blogs too, when a person is focused.

For instance, so many of the wedding blogs I love focus on....you guessed it....Weddings!

Seems simple enough, right?  Figure out what you like to do, make, sell, etc...and then go for that with all your might.  I know, it is important for any new venture, for a person to figure out exactly what market they are trying to capture and what the goal is of what they are doing.

Uhhggg...truthfully I SUCK at keeping and maintaining one goal and being focused!  I love photography, I love to draw, I like to quill things, and you know what?  I really love medicine too and hope to one day work in that profession.

I have always been all over the place.  I was the girl in college who had 15 different majors by the end of my freshman year.  I am also the girl who reads about four or five books at a time because I can't focus on just one story.

So, right now my etsy shop is selling quilled art, original art, digital prints, and paper jewelry.  Maybe too much and too all over the place for a buyer to understand.  Yet, this is me!  I am all over the place!  I love and have energy for so many different things and I do a lot of different kinds of art!  This is what keeps me excited and exploring.

So, I am figuring, instead of trying to fight this trait in myself (I fight it quite often!) I will try to look at it as a good attribute and embrace this part of myself.  I am not exactly sure how to make this trait something that will be helpful instead of hurtful, but it's a process!

If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears!  So have a wonderful night, I am going to share with you my new print on LoveUPaperly, look for a new inspiration/love board tomorrow!


Love,

Jess





No comments:

Post a Comment