Saturday, March 10, 2012

Artist Saturday Showcase: Nidhi Chanani

Good Morning Everyone! 

When you read this it might not be morning, but since I went to sleep at 7 pm last night I woke up at 5 am, so it is morning to me! 

Yes, when most of you were eating dinner or getting ready to go out I was in bed fast asleep!  I never realized how much sleep a person needs as their body is healing.  I think about sleep all day at work and can't wait to come home to put an icepack on my neck and get into bed.  Hopefully this need for sleep will dissipate at some point because I barely get to see my honey!

Now onto the artist for this week!  Her name is Nidhi Chanani.  I found her on Etsy but she also has her own blog.

Here is what she say's about herself:
"My name is Nidhi (like nitty, rhymes with kitty). I am an Indian-American artist and designer.
I was born in Calcutta and raised in suburban California, I create art because it makes me happy - with hopes it can make others happy, too. I create a new illustration every week day."


She makes amazing illustrations, but she also does original wood burnings which is what initially drew me to her work.  They are really, really, really cool.  As you all know I love printmaking and this technique has the same sort of feel to it.  I love the detail, the white and black, the use of white space.  She's good people...really good!
"You, You, You"

"You, You, You" detail

"Basuri"

"Protected"

"Protected" detail

"Queenie"

"Queenie" detail
Aren't they beautiful?

Here is one of her illustrations I also thought was great.  I always want/do this in the rain.
"City in the Rain"
I am seriously contemplating buying one of her wood burnings!

Until tomorrow,

Love,

Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment