Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day and Artist Saturday featuring Kiva Ford

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

I just came home from my soon to be sister in laws house where I ate my first corn beef and cabbage! Thank you Elizabeth, it was delicious!  I had no idea what I was missing!

I also wanted to feature an amazing artist tonight named Kiva Ford who I had posted one image from earlier in the week.  Do you remember the tiny heart in a glass jar?

I have to say that I have been going back to his etsy shop all week after discovering that image.

His name is Kiva Ford and you can go to his etsy shop here or to his website here.

Let me first explain to you that I LOVE miniatures.  Ever since I was little and had a tiny pink plastic soap that came with my barbie house.  I used to carry that soap around.  I was devastated when I lost it.

That obsession in my life has never dissipated and I have been fascinated by smaller pieces of art in all forms forever.

Kiva Ford takes glass and turns it into works of art.  He creates hand blown glass pendants, art glass, glass ornaments, and miniature bottles.

I am going to focus on the miniatures because that is what I like, but definitely click on the links to look at all of his amazing pieces.





They are all so beautiful, tiny, and perfect.  I seriously want to buy every single one!  I think Meridyth might strangle me if she comes home to find our house filled with miniature bottles!

Hope everyone has a safe night!

Lots of love,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment