Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Lomography Love

Hello Lovelies!
I wanted to share with you today some cameras I am coveting and my love for....Lomography!

I went to college, was an art major, and concentrated in black and white traditional photography.  Sometimes I have dreams that I am still working in the darkroom and I wake up smelling the chemicals that I spent so much time smelling those four years in school.

I learned to use digital cameras when I starting assisting as a wedding photographer and eventually bought my own Canon 5D full frame which I adore.  Yet there is nothing like picking up my Diana camera, fully plastic, and sticking some film in it and shooting away.  I don't worry about framing or making it perfect because the surprise is when you get it developed.  Onto the cameras!

The Lomographic LC-A+ is a camera I have been drooling over for a long time, but at $280 I haven't bought it yet.


Description:  The Lomographic LC-A+ Compact Automat is a compact, robust, manual focus camera, with an exceptionally fast Minitar 1 32mm f/2.8 lens. The Minitar's wide-angle view works to fully capture your subject, ensuring great photos without depending on a viewfinder. Many unique effects are possible with this camera. Perfect for those spontaneous, creative shots.



Aren't these pictures dreamy?  The lens on this camera is supossed to be amazing!

Horizon Perfekt
This camera looks amazing!  At $449 it's pricey put looks very worth it!

Description: Clad in space-age ABS plastic, the Horizon Perfekt features full aperture and shutter settings so you have complete control over your exposure. Be blown away by its distinctive OF-28P swing lens that sweeps across the earth with full 120 degrees of vision - Each shot yields a 58mm long negative that extends to about two standard frames! Clockwork mechanics grant quiet operation of your Perfekt without the use of batteries. The Horizon Perfekt is the universe’s professional panoramic camera of choice.

             
I would love to buy one of these, especially when Mer and I decide to travel again.  I think the images would be amazing!

Here's the last camera for today!  There are so many on the list, but the post can only be so long!  All of the information and images I shared with you today are from the Lomography website.

This last camera is called The Spinner and is the cheapest of the three at $99.  I wish money didn't have an influence on buying things but it definitely does!

Description:  Go beyond the confines of standard panoramas with the Lomography Spinner 360°! Just hold the camera in one hand, pull the cord with the other and release it. In one split second, the camera spins 360 degrees on its own axis, capturing every detail around you on 35mm film - The result is a super-wide angle image, 4x longer than a standard landscape photo!
                
Isn't this camera really cool?  I love how it captures everything in the view around you.

That's it for today.  Happy Wednesday!

Love,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment