Monday, June 25, 2012

Weight Loss Monday

Hi Everyone!

I have thought a lot about this and I have decided to add a new series to the blog.

If you have been reading for awhile you might have seen some sentences that hint at not only chronic conditions that I have but also my weight.

For some background, a little less than a year ago I was running three miles everyday and I was on my way, training for a half marathon.

Suddenly I had pain shooting down my arm, then shooting down my leg, then numbness that followed the worst pain I have ever experienced.  I had ruptured a disk in my neck and surgery was the only option.

In November 2011 I had a spinal fusion on my C5 and C6 and my recovery is still taking place.  I cannot run but I have been hopeful.

However, my body has not been done with me.  Low iron counts, rashes of unknown origin, fevers, and more pain in my muscles and joints have further hindered my work outs.

I have now gained about twenty pounds since my surgery and I am heavier than I have ever been.

I feel ashamed. 

In my head I have always paired my feeling of being strong with my physicality.  I feel weak now.  I feel heavy....I feel fat.

I am starting to realize that even though my body is a mess right now I have to get to a place in my head where I feel strong so that maybe my body will eventually follow.

So, I have started slow.  I walked for thirty minutes on Saturday.  I walked thirty minutes this morning.  Maybe if I feel o.k. I will walk thirty minutes on Wednesday.

I am not good at slow, I am yearning to start a slow jog which I cannot do.  My body will not do it either.

I hope that every Monday you will be here with me to go through this journey.  There will definitely be some ups and downs.  I will talk about everything in this series.  Recipes, exercise, success, and failure.

Now some fitness quotes that will hopefully keep me motivated!




 Lots of Love,

Jess
 

No comments:

Post a Comment