Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Chewing Gum Sculptures by Maurizio Savini

Hello Everyone!

I am exhausted today.  The kind of bone tired exhausted that makes you argumentative, nauseous, and just plain no fun to be around.

When I am this kind of tired I want to find something really interesting and inventive that makes me smile.

Enter, Italian sculpture Maurizio Savini who makes amazing sculptures out of chewing gum.

Here is an excerpt about his process:
"Disgusting as it may seem to some people, Maurizio Savini uses thousands of chewed up pieces of bubble gum for each of his sculptures. He molds them into the desired shapes and when the whole thing is done, he fixes the sculpture with formaldehyde and antibiotics. The amazingly detailed chewing gum sculptures of Maurizio Savini have sold for up to $60,000 each."

Here are some examples of his work:








How crazy are these?  So detailed and meticulous and completely made out of gum!  I think I love the grizzly bear the most out of all of these examples.  The fur looks so real!

I cannot find a website for Maurizio Savini, but if you click here it will take you to his Wikipedia page with more information.

After finding his sculptures I feel a little less grumpy.

Lots of Love,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment