Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Illness Updates

Hello Everyone!

I am having a great day on this rainy Tuesday and I hope you all are too.

Last week was not great.  On Monday, I suddenly started to feel short of breathe and like my heart was pounding out of my chest.  Like any person that works in a medical office (I work on the nursing staff) I ignored it hoping it would go away. 

However, after all the allergic reactions, the iron infusion, and the adverse reactions to the meds I then had a fainting spell at work on friday.  I was on the phone with a patient and the next thing I know the world was black.  Luckily, I work in a cardiology practice!

They did an EKG, which for those of you that don't know, is when electrodes are placed in certain places on your chest and a machine prints strips of your heart rhythm.

It looks something like this:
My EKG ended up being abnormal.  The doctor in my office wouldn't let me leave until I did a stress echo.  That test is where you walk on a treadmill, stressing your heart, and then they use an ultrasound machine and take pictures of your heart to see how it is beating with the stress of the exercise.

Thank goodness that test was normal!  My Dad then picked me up and I was able to go to my parents (they live about five minutes from work) and I laid down the rest of the day and actually couldn't physically drive home until Saturday.

Today, I am wearing a holter monitor which is a portable EKG machine that attaches to your chest with electrodes.  You wear the machine for up to 48 hours and it continuously records your heart rhythm and pulse.
I think I will feel much better about my pounding heart once one of the doctors at my office tells me everything looks o.k.!

I did have a bit of a breakdown this morning.  I am so sick of being sick!  I personally think that all of the symptoms:  anemia, pounding heart, pain, fainting, anaphalaxis is all related.  The doctors disagree, looking at the symptoms one by one, and treating each one seperately.  I just can't see how they can't be related!

Not feeling well does have some perks however.  I am busy making paper jewelry and soon will have many new products to display for LoveUPaperly.

I am also going to post some info about learning how to take product photographs and show all the craftyness that has been my life lately!

For tonight, I'm going to go eat some ice cream with Meridyth and be amazed at the tiny contraption attached to my chest that is happily recording my heart, somehow making me feel a little bit better.

Until tomorrow,

Lots of Love!

Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment