Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Being an artist yet trying to be consistent

Hello lovely readers!
I have to apologize for completely and totally slacking on the blog posts.

I had been blogging like a good little blogger for a few months and really felt good that I had been consistent about something.

This brings me to the topic of my post. 

I love to blog.  I love finding cool things on the web, reader others blogs, and sharing what i'm thinking. 

That brings me to being an artist.  The way that I create might seem insane to some artists, but honestly, I first need to feel inspired.  Not just a little inspired, but REALLY inspired!

Whether it be dreams, seeing something while i'm driving, or a song that hits me the right way, I HAVE TO FEEL IT!

That then takes us to the process of actually making something.  I wish this wasn't true, but usually the first time I draw, carve, make something it looks the best.  Whatever the image may be it does not look over drawn or over thought.  When I start to make adjustments and fix things I feel the image starts to feel too worked.  (I discovered this when I was in grad school in a very halted conversation in Venitian style italian with my intaglio professor).

I have found in the last couple of weeks that this also relates to my blogging.  I haven't felt inspired lately.  After the hype and workup to the wedding I have felt exhausted.  I have also had some ugly chronic medical issues that have caused me to be in bed and asleep by 7:30 or 8:00 p.m.

So, the question I have been asking myself is how do you as an artist be consistent with things without it feeling fake or forced?

That is the question.  I don't have an answer yet.  When I do I will let you know, but I would love to hear other's thoughts.

How to stay true to yourself and who you are as an artist/writer/creater without forcing it.

Lots of Love and hopefully more consistent blogging to come!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment