Friday, December 7, 2012

Hospital Visits and Some New Projects

Hello Everyone!

These last two weeks have been so crazy.  I am in the middle of finals, was admitted to the hospital for a short stay and had a few outpatient tests which required too many IV's.  I am happy to report that though tired I feel like I am finally on the mend and I only have one more final to take tomorrow!

In the midst of all of my medical mysteries, I have been feeling very inspired and creative.  I wanted to share a few things I am working on.  None of the projects are done yet, but I wanted to show you the beginnings.  After this post, I am back to studying for my A&P final and then looking forward to a month off.
My Mom was cleaning out their basement and found an old journal that I had only used a few pages in.  The journal is velvety and the pages are thick and can take all different types of medium.  This was certainly a find!
Lying in bed in the hospital I started to play with the idea of words and images using pen.  I love the Reindeer hiding in the J and O.  I think my next step might be watercolor.
Mer and I don't have a lot of money for holiday presents this year and since I am currently watching my parents dogs I thought I would draw them portraits, scan them, print them on nice paper, and frame them.

I will take pictures when the final product is done!

So that's it for now.  I am immersed in studying, drawing, and watching movies!

How is your holiday shopping going?

Lots of Love,

Jess
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment